Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Washington, D.C. - Young Clergy Leadership Forum

Last week (February 8th-11th) I attended a Young Clergy Seminar in Washington, D.C. The seminar was put on by the General Board of Church and Society (essentially the social justice branch of the United Methodist Church). I was able to spend 3 days with 45 other young clergy (ages 35 and below) from all around the United States (with one representative from Angola). The days were very full, with people from all different constituencies speaking with us about various issues they held near and dear, and the nights were filled with interesting opportunities to sample some of the D.C. culture (ie restaurants, monuments, etc).

Below you can see a picture of the group in front of the Capital Building. Where we spent most of our time was in the United Methodist Building, which is directly across the street from the Capital! If you look close you can see me, I'm in the center wearing the white (actually it's a light pink) shirt. I stick out because I'm the only one not wearing a coat!




No comments:

Post a Comment