Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sermon Preview - Born Again?



“I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”
John 3:3
                Are you born again?  You have no idea how many times I’ve been asked this simple, yet probing, question.  I was first asked this, during a youth group car wash and I got the sense that my answer would determine whether or not the woman asking would let us wash her car.  I told her I was, even though I had no idea what it meant, in the hopes that she would let us wash her car.  It worked!
                Now that you’ve heard my story of deceit and scandal, the real question is what in the world does it mean to be “born again”.  It’s clear from the rest of the passage that Nicodemus didn’t understand, in the past 2,000 years even sincere Christians have had differences of opinion.  So what was Jesus saying needed to be accomplished if a person wanted to see the “kingdom of God”?
                This week we’ll be tackling this most fundamental question of what is the Gospel (read good news), and how a person would accept/live into that good news.  So join us if you dare, as we continue on our “Summer of All Request Sermons!”

No comments:

Post a Comment